At the Ratepayers Annual General Meeting, a motion was carried to request that the County move pick-up to a more suitable day. In following through, we have learned that A CHANGE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS IT IS THE WISH OF THE MAJORITY OF ORR LAKE RESIDENTS. Please read the proposal and explanation below and choose one of the listed options to CAST YOUR VOTE BY SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 for or against the proposal.
That the waste collection day for Orr Lake be changed from Friday to Wednesday.
The County's contracted waste collection company, BFI, does not have the resources to facilitate the Monday collection suggested at the AGM. A Wednesday pick-up is the earliest day of the week available, and is only one day later than collection occurred prior to changes earlier this year.
A request to the County to make this change must be made by our municipal government. TO ALLOW TIME FOR DUE PROCESS, AND TO GAIN APPROVAL BEFORE THE NEW YEAR, WE MUST RECEIVE YOUR VOTE BY SEPT 8. Please choose one of the following options to let us know whether you agree or disagree with the change from Friday to Wednesday. Whichever option you choose, we ask that you merely cast your vote, and refrain from additional comments. We apologize for the limitations of time and commentary we've allowed. It is unavoidable if we hope to attain County approval before the next Waste Collection calendar is finalized and sent to print.
- EMAIL - send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Garbage Vote'. In the body of your email, state your preference. (Ie. "I approve of changing waste collection day to Wednesday" or "I do not approve of changing waste collection day to Wednesday")
- BLOG POLL - cast your vote by participating in the poll at the top left-hand corner of this page.
- PHONE - Call Lynne Brown at 705-322-7568. Please leave a short message stating your name, Orr Lake address, and your preferred pick-up day (either Wednesday or Friday).
- Place a waste box at the bottom of your driveway large enough to hold regular waste and your green bin. Ensure that placement of a box does not interfere with the flow of traffic, or snow removal.
- Place regular garbage in a standard bin and secure the lid with a bungee cord. Ensure that all compostable material is placed in the green bin to discourage the interest of wildlife in your garbage can.
- Place clean materials only in the recycling bins. Rinse before recycling.
- A raccoon latch for the green bin is available free of charge by calling the County of Simcoe Administration Centre Customer Service line at 705-735-6901.